Thursday, July 06, 2006

Two Praises

I will start today's blog with two praises. The first one is that Keith's counts are up. He can now start taking the chemo pills again. Secondly, Keith got his blood work done in record time yesterday. I dropped him off at the door. Then I parked the car, took Lincoln out of his carseat, and walked into the hospital. Lincoln and I had only been in the building about two minutes when Keith walked out of the lab and was ready to go. It was great!

Keith is still doing pretty good. This week he has gone to Wal-mart with me twice. They have been relatively short trips, but it is good that he feels up to getting out. He still has bouts of pain and nausea, but they seem to be less often.

Keith will have his next chemo treatment on the 11th. Next week is going to be pretty hard. Please pray that his body will be responsive to the treatment. Pray that the side effects from the chemo will be as minimal as possible. (Last time he was really weak and tired. Even his voice sounded different. ) Also, one of Keith's aunts and his cousin will be driving in from Tennessee to help out. Pray for safe travels for them.

2 comments:

jennyc said...

That is wonderful! I think Wal-Mart is good medicine :) Your family portrait turned out great! I pray that you will continue to have these moments of praise along the way.
Love,

Jenny

Jason said...

I just found out from my wife's sister-in-law (Ginger Kirkland) about Keith's health. Your family will certainly be in my prayers.