Friday, August 25, 2006

Keith seems to be feeling pretty good. His jaw was swollen and hurting the other day. He was able to talk to the neuroradiologist about it, and he said it is a good sign. It may mean that Keith's brain is swelling. (When Keith first told me this I was thinking "Oh great! Something else to worry about.") Apparently it is actually a good thing. It may mean that he is responding to the treatment. I pray that this is the case!!!

Keith headed off to spend some time with friends tonight. I am so glad that he is able to do this. There was a time a few months ago when I really thought he was dying. I can't even begin to describe how hard it was to see him that way. It is truly a blessing from God that he is feeling so much better.

Lincoln had a busy day today. He went with us to Baylor. He did very well for the most part. He did have a bit of an episode in the car on the way home. Keith was trying to feed him a bottle, and he wouldn't take it. He drank enough to tide him over until we got home, so it worked out okay. I took him to my old school this afternoon. He didn't know what to think of all the kids. It was nice to see all the teachers and my old students. The best part was that I was there as a visitor. I am really loving all the time that I get to spend with both of my guys!

Today the buckles on the carseat burned Lincoln. My precious little boy has two welps on his legs. I feel awful about it. The seat gets so hot in the car. He is getting too heavy for me to carry him in the seat, and he really doesn't like being in the seat very long when he is awake. I know there are lots of moms out there reading the blog. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Fredia said...

Stephanie,

How about a little suggestion from a nana :-)
We use those small blue ice packs(Rubbermaid blue ice lunch pack size) from Walmart (luv that place). They are small enough to carry anywhere and stay cool pretty long. You could put that on the buckle when you get out and they would be cool when you got back in. Hope this helps.
We are praying for safe and pleasant trips to and from Baylor. We pray the radiation does its job and the spots stay the same size till chemo starts again. We also pray you have time to lunch with friends. We pray Lincoln's episodes are all pleasant ones :-)

Luv to you all

Luv to