Keith seems to be taking longer to "bounce back" after his last round of chemo. He has been having stomach cramps for several days. This is the latest side effect. I think he is going to call the doctor and see if there is anything they can prescribe. (Did I mention that the pharmacist are going to know me by name before this is all over. : )
On Thursday Keith is going to have a MRI. We will also meet with the neuroradiologist and the neurosurgeon to discuss whether or not the gamma knife procedure was a success. I'm not sure if it is possible for the spots to be gone already or if we are just looking for shrinkage. (I didn't go to the appointments before the procedure because Lincoln was only a week old.) I do know that the radiation works slowly. Pray that we will see good results. If the spots did not respond, they cannot do the gamma knife on those places again I believe the only other option is brain surgery.
Please pray for us as we go to this appointment. We always go hoping the news is good, but at the same time we have to prepare ourselves for the possibility that we won't get the news we want. We are also going to bring Lincoln, so pray that he will be on his best behavior. (Who knows, maybe the doctors would see us sooner if he was screaming. We may have to try it if they leave us waiting too long.)
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Keith and Stephanie and of course sweet little Lincoln,
We are so excited at the good news you have received so far and our prayer is that you will receive more on Thursday. But as always we are praying for God's peace over you all and that whatever the news we know he is in control and will take care of you all!
We so wish we could see each of you and give you a GREAT BIG hug! Until that is possible please know we are hugging you each in our hearts and praying for you! We love you all!
John, Sarah and MaKieley
Post a Comment