Update
Keith is doing okay right now. His pain seems to have subsided. He has been sleeping a lot, but that is fairly normal after a chemo treatment.
We did meet with the doctor on Thursday. I just haven't had time to write about it until now. We were both pretty nervous to see him. Keith was in so much pain the night before. I was afraid that I was going to have to take him to the emergency room. He was able to manage the pain with medicine. The doctor said that his pain was probably caused by the tumor in his spleen. The pain meds have taken care of the pain, so that is good.
His oncologist is concerned that Keith has not been able to take the chemo pills in quite a while. His doctor told us that we had a decision to make regarding his treatment. We could reduce the chemo dose and take the chemo pills or put off chemo completely and just take the pills. We decided to reduce the chemo dose by 25% in hopes that Keith will be able to take the pills. It is so hard to know what to do right now. Please pray that God will grant Keith's doctor and the two of us with wisdom.
Keith's parents left for home this morning. Once again, God brought us help at the perfect time. They were there to help out when Keith had to be admitted into the hospital. We are blessed to have the support of our families.
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Please send me you guys email address (mine is shaeboy@charter.net). I would love to talk to Keith. Hope to send him some encouragement. We are all still praying for you guys. Shae and the fam!
Stephanie,
I know you don't know me. But I knew Keith when we were at Harding. Anyway, there is a lady at church who was recently diagnosed with leukemia who also is a little low on "hope". Someone had the idea to give her a pager. She is to wear it and the rest of us are to call whenever we say a prayer for her. The vibration sent to her pager indicates that someone has just prayed at that moment. Thereby, instilling hope.
I'd be more than willing to send Keith a page each time I thought of him.
Jill Young
Post a Comment