Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I just got back from eating dinner with a bunch of friends from our old church. I have to admit that it was nice to get out of the house for a while. I find that it is hard to leave because I worry that something will happen while I am gone. At the same time, I know that I must get out every once in a while. I'm so thankful for all those wonderful girls who came to spend time with me tonight!

No news to report in regards to Keith. He seems to be stable. I don't understand why God hasn't taken him home. He is ready, and so are we. It's not that I'm eager for him to die. I'm not. But the man in that bed isn't "my Keith." Though his body is there, the rest of him seems to slowly drift away.

On a lighter note, Keith has said some pretty funny things thanks to the drugs he is taking. Here are a few:
-Keith's friends commented about how nice his hospital bed was. Keith responded, "It has its ups and downs."
-Keith informed us that he was drinking the "water of wisdom" the other night. He said it was very powerful, and you have to be careful not to drink too much.
-When one of the hospice nurses was at our house, she commented about Lincoln. For some reason Keith thought she was talking about our dog, and he said, "We're thinking about getting rid of him."

2 comments:

Holly said...

We had fun with you too! Love you girl!

Melanie said...

I just wanted to tell you our family and our church in STL is praying for you and your family. My husband Richard Wiginton was Keith's suitemate at Harding. I haven't met Keith, but Richard says he is one of the kindest men he's known. Our thoughts and prayers are on you.