Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Keith had a rough night/morning. He has been in a lot of pain. He called the doctor, and the doctor said that he could up his pain medicine. He seems to be doing better this afternoon.

Please pray for us as we make decisions regarding Keith's treatment. Though I am not ready to let him go, I don't want to prolong his suffering. I ask that you also pray for Keith's family. I know it is hard on them to be so far away.

2 comments:

Shae and Sissy said...

Dear Stephanie,

I have never met you, but my husband, Shae Pfieffer, and Joel have been best friends since about 4th grade. They lived in the same neighborhood and Joel was even best man in our wedding.

We have been reading your blog for several months now and have been praying for Keith and sharing his story with other believers we know. The last line of your last blog struck an all too familiar cord with me...why does it seem like God isn't answering all of the prayers that have gone up for Keith? I struggled with the same question a little over 3 years ago when my sweet little mother was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. She was diagnosed in April 2003 and had gone to be with the Lord by that August. I too had just had a baby. He was only 5 weeks old at the time of her passing. My Dad had a stroke 6 weeks before she passed away, I think partly from fasting so much for her. Mom opted for no treatment and refused pain medication. She wanted to be home with her family.

So, did I question God? Respectfully, yes! God knows our doubts and weaknesses better than we ourselves. I knew that nothing was impossible for God. I had even given Mom a little "sermon" on having faith as a mustard seed (Luke 17:6) hoping to bolster our faith. In the end, despite everything, God chose to take her "home". I still can't say I understand why, but I do know that God's ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts. Treasure the time you have with Keith, be it a short time or many years. I know the burden seems more than you can bear right now, but Jesus will never leave you or forsake you! The Bible talks about bearing one another's burdens and how we go through trials so that we can help others when they go through the same thing. If you ever need anyone to talk to, please don't hesitate to contact me. I am sorry this is such a long entry!

Shae and Sissy (home) 931-840-3582
E-mail: ldlp74@hotmail.com

jlired said...

Stephanie,

I just want you to know that you have been in my thoughts all day today. Reading your blog from yesterday has put so many things in perspective. I see so clearly through all of your writings that you are so fully devoted to God first and foremost and that is so very encouraging in the midst of life, especially when life is so very hard.

I am an old friend of Keith's from Harding days and it breaks my heart to see him in so much pain. But I have to tell you that going through y'alls blog it is so amazing see you, Keith and sweet Lincoln. There is a glow in all of your eyes that says that no matter what is happening you are all so blessed to share each moment that you have together.

I am praying for you and will be praying everyday for Keith, his treatment, the doctors, your families, your strength and Keith's and for sweet Lincoln that he is healthy and happy and smiles so much because he has a mom and a daddy that love him more than anything.

I live in Dallas now and am sure that when you say Baylor that you mean in Dallas. I want you to know that even though I have never met you that I am here for you. I will pray for you and Keith or take you out for dessert. Whatever you all need while you are here know that there is a sister waiting to help.

All my love and prayers,
Joanna

email jo_ingle@hotmail.com