Sunday, December 31, 2006

A few months ago, I was really trying to get into the habit of praying with Lincoln before I put him to bed. Of course I was praying for Lincoln. Our prayer always started like this: "Dear God, Thank you for Dad. We pray that you will heal him. We pray that he can stay here so that he can help raise me and teach me about you." With everything that is going on, I have gotten out of that habit. The other night I remembered that we needed to pray. I started to begin the prayer like I did in the past, and then I realized that our prayer must change. I ask that you pray for me. I am not in a place right now where I can thank God for taking away my son's father.

I also ask that you will pray that I will make a place for quiet time in my day. It is so easy to get busy. Between taking care of Lincoln, getting everything in order in regarding to Keith's death, and working on the house, I just don't have much spare time. I know this time is important. I know that I need it.

On a lighter note, we have some guests living in the backyard. They are unwanted to say the least. I saw two rats in our shed the other day. (For those of you who don't know me, I'm a girly girl. I don't "do rodents." )I went to the shed to get some paint. When I opened the doors, I saw something dash across the floor and escape down a hole. Then I saw another one up on a shelf. I banged on the doors several times hoping to frighten the nasty creature. It remained on the shelf, so I stood outside the shed and waited until I spotted the cans I needed. Then I quickly ran in and grabbed the cans. Just thinking about it makes me shiver. AHHHHH! My dad put some traps in the shed today. Hopefully they will take care of these annoying guests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so feel your pain about rats... we had one in our house here a while back and it was such a pain, and really gross too. We continue to pray for you and Lincoln... thank you for giving us some specific things to be praying for! God bless you.