Thursday, December 28, 2006

I find that I accept (maybe acknowledge would be a better word) Keith's death a little more each day. The other day, Keith's boss brought over several boxes of things that Keith had up at work. Though it was nice and even a bit interesting to see what belongings were at work, it was hard to look through the boxes. It seemed so final. Keith will never go back to work again. I had another realization yesterday as mom, Lincoln, and I were driving home from running errands. As I was driving, I could almost convice myself that Keith would be sitting at the computer playing a game when we arrived home. Keith will never be sitting at the computer when I come home. It is hard to accept the fact that I don't have anyone to come home to anymore. I guess I do have Lincoln. He is usually with me, so we both get to come home to an empty house.

On another note, I got the information from cobra yesterday. It is going to be about $1000 a month for Lincoln and I to be insured through them. This is just another stress on top of many. Please pray that I will trust God to take care of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
Not sure about Texas...but in Tennessee, there is a company called Farm Bureau that does independent insurance. We (the Cosby family) have this insurance. It's a 15 dollar co-pay and for family it costs approximately 300 a month. Hope that helps a little...again, I don't know about Texas...Don and Ray Ann might know a little about it, we went to church with someone who worked for them, Pettus is his name.

Anyway, thought I would pass it along.
Love,
Tamara

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I sell health insurance here in Arkansas and would agree with Tamara. You will probably find individual health insurance for a lot less money than COBRA costs. COBRA will cover all of your medical conditions though, whereas an individual policy might exclude certain medical conditions based on your medical history. It wouldn't hurt to look into getting an individual policy for yourself and Lincoln, since it could save you money in the long-run. Just be careful regarding the exclusions.