Thursday, March 08, 2007

Lincoln and I just got home from the hospital. Jordan's doctors have decided to go ahead and remove the tumor on her liver that was bleeding. There is a chance that the tumor is still bleeding or that it could start bleeding again. They feel that it is best to remove it in a controlled setting rather than have to remove it later on. The doctors will be able to test the tumor that they remove to see if her tumors will be responsive to the drug. If it responds, Jordan will take Gleevek (that's the drug's name). She would take this on a daily basis.

Jordan is scheduled to go in for surgery at 7:15 tomorrow. The surgeon predicted that the surgery would take about 2 hours.

Please pray for Jordan and her family. They are holding it together very well considering the circumstances. Also pray that Jordan's children arrive in Dallas safely. Jordan wants to see them before she goes in for surgery, so they are on the road as I type.

I'm doing okay with all of this. I'm glad that she is in Dallas, so that I can be there for her. I admit that it feels like deja vu. It is so hard to see my best friend sick. She and Brad waited so long for Phoebe, and now her birth is being overshadowed by all of this. I hate that for them!

2 comments:

Ron Peron said...

I am praying for Jordan, for her family and for you, Stephanie, as you minister to them. May you be filled with the Holy Spirit in power as you reach out to them.

Tamara said...

Praying for Jordan. Praying for you also during this time...praying for your needs to be taken care of while you are caring for Jordan and her family.