Saturday, December 08, 2007

Today Lincoln is going to be in his first parade. (At least that is the plan.) Mom and dad's motorcycle group is participating in a Christmas parade. Lincoln is going to ride on the float with mom. There was a bit of a dilemma when it came time for me to decide what he should wear. Even though it is December, it is 80 degrees today. I just couldn't justify dressing him in one of his long sleeved Christmas shirts. I know there are times when we must suffer for the sake of fashion, but I decided that it was more important for him to be happy and comfortable. : )

Instead of attending the parade, I opted to stay home. You might be wondering what a single mom might do with a few hours of freedom. Though my answer probably won't be too exciting to you, it is very exciting to me. I have been painting. Since we are renting, my goal has been to spend the least amount possible on the house. I decided to use a dresser for a tv stand in the living room. It was white. It is in the process of being painted black. I don't think it will get finished today, but I've been able to make lots of progress without a little boy around. : )

No comments: