Saturday, January 12, 2008

Although I have many things that I could be doing, they aren't near as fun as updating the blog a funny story.

Yesterday my dad came over to work on my yard. We ran out of the heavy duty trash bags, so we had to use two of the not so heavy duty bags for all the leaves and pine needles. Saturday is one of my trash days, so this morning I ran outside to dispose of a diaper. To my dismay, I saw that one of the "wimpy" bags had split open basically from top to bottom. After thinking for a moment, I decided that I might be able to tape the bag back together. I tried to find some duct tape, but I had to settle for clear mailing tape. I can only imagine what the neighbors must have thought. There I was out in the cold in my pajamas taping a garbage bag together. : )

2 comments:

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

How funny! I am sure they were just appreciative that you took the time to tape it and not let the yard stuff go everywhere! You're so thoughtful. I would have probably been looking at my watch and up the street hoping the truck would come soon before the contents spilled out! I love the new look of your blog-- very soothing!

Paulette Clements said...

Your post made me LOL!
I have visited your blog often since finding it on Jen Irelands site but rarely comment. I am glad to know you are now tracking your visits so you know people are thinking of you even if they do not always comment.