Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away
A Kindergarten Class Would Like to Play

I can't remember when we last went to recess. I'm guessing it was at the beginning of last week, but it seems like so long ago. It's amazing what a difference 15 minutes of playtime can make. To make things even better, my observation window was this week and next week. Nothing like a bunch of crazy kids and an observation. : )

For the past two days, we have done a little exercise workout during recess time. Today one of my boys, who is probably the shortest child in my class, said, "If we keep this up, I'm always going to be small." It cracked me up!

Yesterday I put 9 magnetic letters on my dry erase board (in a straight line) before school started. As my children were coming into the room, I noticed two girls standing by the board. They thought I had spelled a word, and they were trying to read it. They were trying their hardest to sound out the word.

Lately I have been talking to my friends about being respectful. I told them that when I tell them to do something, their response should be "yes mam" or "yes, Ms. McCord." Just to be funny, I told them that they could also say "yes beautiful teacher." (You've got to have a sense of humor when working with 5 and 6 year olds all day long.) Although it has been weeks since we had that conversation, a few of my kids still say "yes beautiful teacher." I sure hope they don't tell their parents that I told them to say that. : )

No comments: