Today I opened up a piece of mail addressed to Keith. It was from Baylor. The letter states: "Baylor University Medical Center has a continuing interest in our patients. Sometimes patients relocate, change physicians, or feel so well they neglect annual physicals. We would like to take this opportunity to remind you to visit your physician and then let us know how you are doing." It goes on to ask questions about Keith's quality of life, medical/surgical treatments, etc.
Are you kidding me????
At this point, all I can do is shake my head and laugh. There was a time when that really would have bothered me. In the beginning, it was hard to see mail addressed to Keith. It was a constant reminder that he was gone. Now I'm used to it. I do believe that Baylor will be getting a phone call though.

2 comments:
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry Stephanie. You would think they would be more sensitive about sending letters like that.
By the way, I wanted to let you know that I consider it a privilege that you've shared so much of yourself and your life, good and bad, with the so many.
That is UNVELIEVABLE!! I would def. be giving them a little phone call. UGH!
Hang in there Stephanie. I think of you often.
-Tanya
Post a Comment