Sunday, May 11, 2008

Today the country is focused on celebrating Mothers. While I think this is great, I know there are many people who don't feel like celebrating. Maybe your mother passed away. Maybe one of your children passed away. Maybe you are having infertility issues. Regardless of your situation, I understand your pain.

Our nightmare began on Mother's Day weekend. Though two years have passed, I can still remember that awful weekend. I don't think I have ever cried so much. Keith practically had to drag me into the church building that Sunday. I remember standing in the parking lot in tears thinking, "I can't go in there." Somehow I managed to pull myself together enough to walk in and sit down. I'm pretty sure that I cried through the entire service. I don't think I will ever be able to think about Mother's Day without thinking of that awful weekend.

So, if you are one of those who are hurting on this day, know that you are not alone.

8 comments:

The Mounce family said...

Hope you had a wonderful mother's day. I was so glad to see the pictures of Lincoln on your blog. He is such a cutie! Summer is almost here, are you counting down yet? Miss you!

Sarah B said...

Stephanie, I'm sorry Mother's Day is so bittersweet! Just remember what a GREAT Mommy you are to that handsome little man and you are celebrated each and everyday! Not just the one noted on the calendar! He is a blessed little man to have you! :)

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you! We have followed your story. Thank you for letting us be apart of your journey. Keep Believing!!!

The Mudge Family
Olathe, Kansas

Anonymous said...

I blogged a very similiar entry about yesterday. It's just hard....

Anonymous said...

So I am so glad that you added the "anonymous" option! I've wanted to comment multiple times, but of course, couldn't. I just want you to know I've been praying for you and have followed your blog for many months now. Know that you are prayed for in Indiana!

Jen.

Sturgmom said...

Hugs, Stephanie! I remember that weekend as well. Not with the same heartbreak as you, but sadness still. Know that we are parying for you and Lincoln always.

Anonymous said...

God bless you stephanie~~I think of and lift you often to the onbly one who can help to heal that hurt and give you peace. Dortha from Eula TX near Abilene~~

Melissa said...

Hi, Stephanie! It's been a long time since I have been in contact with you, but I found your blog and wanted to say hi again. Lincoln is an adorable little boy!! What a blessing! And you look great! I have caught up a little bit with you thanks to your blog- I appreciate you sharing your thoughts, even though they are difficult. May God continue to uphold you. Melissa (Owen) Harle