
On Thursday, we headed to Galveston. Marie and I were really hoping that the kids would take a nap in the car because check in time at the hotel wasn't until 4. Zoe did fall asleep about 10 minutes from the hotel. Needless to say, we drove around a little longer so she could get a little nap. My child, on the other hand, did not sleep a wink.
As we were driving around looking for a place to eat lunch, my mind was busy playing out scenarios for what a day at the beach, without a nap, would look like. After imagining several unpleasant situations, I decided that it was time for Lincoln to be introduced to . . . caffeine. Here's a little confession-I filled my two year old's sippy cup up with Coke not once, not twice but three times. As I did this, I wanted to turn around and say to anyone who was watching, "Please don't judge me. I promise that I normally give my child milk and water to drink. You see, we're only going to be at the beach for two days. He didn't nap in the car, and he probably isn't going to get a nap at all today. This is our big vacation for the year, and I want us all to enjoy it."
We ended up having a great time! We stayed at the Moody Gardens Hotel. It is so nice! I admit that it was a bit of a splurge, but several attractions are within walking distance from the hotel. It was totally worth it! The only time we got in the car once we got there was to go to dinner.






2 comments:
Beautiful pictures!!!
We had friends at church in Brownwood who always said, don't let those parents fool you... that's not chocolate milk in her sippy cup (it was coffee... every Sunday morning :)
Post a Comment