Friday, September 12, 2008

A Lincoln Update
-He is starting to have an opinion about what he wears. A friend gave us some clothes that her son had outgrown. In the bag were two pairs of Cars pajamas. Lincoln thinks they are so cool. The other night I went to get him some pajamas. He walked over to the dresser drawer with his pajamas, and closed the drawer. Then he proceeded to say, "Those for babies. I wear these." Of course he was holding up a pair of the Cars pajamas.
-Lately Lincoln tells me things are "too tight." The other day he informed me that his mouth was "too tight."
-He says "yep" and "nope" when you ask him questions sometimes. I have no idea where he got that from.
-He is obsessed with closing doors.
-He knows the letters in his name (when he is feeling cooperative).
-Sometimes he talks out of the side of his mouth like Popeye. It's pretty cute. He usually does it when he is being silly or when he is busy playing. (It concerned me at bit at first. I've talked to two speech therapists and they didn't think I should be concerned.)
-He likes to play games on the computer. I wonder where that came from??? (FYI-fisherprice.com has some fun learning games and they are free)
-He has gone #1 and #2 on the potty at school. We haven't really started potty training yet. I usually ask him if he wants to sit on the potty before he takes a bath. If he goes, and he often does, he gets a gummy bear. It's pretty funny. He will go just a tiny bit, and then get up. I cheer and give him a gummy bear. Then he will sit again and go some more. So I cheer again and give him another gummy bear. He learned to manipulate the situation rather quickly. What can I say, the boy is no dummy.

No comments: