Saturday, November 22, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes

The other day I realized that the two year mark is fast approaching. It's almost as if it snuck up on me this year. Most amazing of all, is the fact that I'm not dreading Thanksgiving. There was a time when I wondered if Thanksgiving would be ruined forever. How could I ever celebrate and enjoy that day without thinking of my last Thanksgiving with Keith? With the gift of time and God's peace, I think I may be able to do just that this year. What a blessing that will be!

Thinking about this makes me realize how thankful I should be for all that God has done for us. Instead of feeling thankful, I've been feeling discouraged. Lately life has been wearing me out. I've mentioned before that I've got an extremely challenging class at school. After dealing with that all day, I get to come home and try to balance spending time with Lincoln and running a house. It's hard. It's really, really hard. (I don't write this to complain. I'm just trying to be honest about where I'm at.)

Though I am a bit discouraged, I am not without hope. God gave me the strength to take care of a newborn and a sick husband. God gave me the strength to face being a widow and a single parent. IF I will give my struggles to him, God will see me through this season as well.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

I know this post is a bit old, but I wanted you to know how much I appreciate your honesty and openness.

You are in my prayers.

Sherrie