A Knife Through the Heart
On Sunday, we got together and ate lunch with some people from church. Lincoln was playing with a few other boys. One of the other boys wanted his dad's attention and started yelling, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" You can probably guess where this is going. . . Lincoln started mimicking the other child. It was one of those moments that just broke my heart. Though this isn't the first time this has happened, hearing that sweet voice call for "daddy" is more than this mom can take.
Later that evening, as I was putting Lincoln to bed, I took out a picture of Keith. I asked Lincoln where dad is, and he told me that he is with Jesus. Then he said "too far way." (Insert second knife here.)

6 comments:
Oh that is breaking my heart.
Another heart breaking here.
Love,
Jenny
I hate this for you. He is too far away and I wish so bad that he could be here for Lincoln and you.
Love you, Steph.
Hugs to you, Stephanie.
You are such a good mommy. I have read your post since Keith passed. Lincoln is growing up to be a great kid. It is a joy to see him discover new things, as any toddler. There is no manual on how to raise a toddler, let alone how to do it by yourself. You are doing a fantastic job! Hang in there!
Michele
Post a Comment