Like a Kid in a Candy Store
When holidays like Christmas or my birthday or Mother's Day roll around I always toy with the idea of buying myself a present. Afterall, if I had a husband, he would buy me a gift. Right?? Well, last night I bought something that makes up for the times I've "gone without."

While I know NOTHING about photography, I've found that I really enjoy taking pictures. I've been toying with the idea of buying a nice camera for a while. Afterall, if there's ever a time to have a good camera, it's when your kids are little. It's best that I learn now while Lincoln doesn't mind me taking millions of pictures. In a few years, he'll be too cool for pictures. I'll be lucky if I get to take a few shots.

2 comments:
I'm so glad you got a camera! They are wonderfully designed to capture history & memories that would otherwise fade from our shallow minds. But ever so often cameras give us an unexpected "ooh" as we're looking at a pic and suddenly see something lurking in the background -- something or someone that we didn't see when we pressed the shutter release! I hope your eyes will grow sharp to see some heart healing "ooh's" around you. To be sure, they hide themselves well, perhaps to taunt us. Ultimately, though they can contain themselves and peek through the background and around the "main subject."
It's long past time for another barbecue run for you and little man; I will work on that. I daresay you'd not believe it if I told you I've grown much "quieter" since relocating to rainless west Texas. Said quietude is limited to my mouth, but not to thoughts and prayers of/for a select few amazing people I've known along the way. That is a written "ooh." Peace .....
I'm so happy for you regarding the new camera and new job. Can't wait to hear more details.
Post a Comment