Monday, June 15, 2009

This is the project that I have been working on. (Click on the picture to get a better view.) I really wanted to have the ABC's up in the playroom, but I did not want some tacky alphabet poster hanging on the wall. I remembered seeing some really cute vintage-looking alphabet cards at a baby boutique before Lincoln was born. Of course I couldn't find them now that I want them. I did find them on the internet, but they were more than I wanted to spend, so I finally came to my senses and let them go. After a little searching, I found these alphabet cards at Stein Mart- of all places. (They are intended to be used as a matching game, so we have another set that I can use with Lincoln.) I painted the frames of two bulletin boards that we already had black. (My attempt at being green. : ) I think it turned out pretty cute, and I love the fact that the project cost less than $12!

4 comments:

The Mounce family said...

I love these! Wanna come decorate our playroom? You are so crafty!

Matt and Cindy Barker said...

Wanna make me one of those super cute ABC boards?!?! You are so creative, Stephanie!

Jordan said...

I LOVE that idea!! I may have to steal it myself. I foresee a Stein-Mart visit in my future.

Miss you!

Maria said...

Don't be surprised if you come visit me and something similar is hanging in our playroom.....I LOVE this! Can't wait to see your other projects!