
Yesterday we got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We went to a hot air balloon festival. The festival was at Johnson Space Center, so we also toured around a bit.

My Little Space Explorer

Lincoln is still fascinated by maps. I can't wait until he can actually read one. I'm sure hoping his interest in maps means that he inherited Keith's sense of direction!
The highlight of yesterday was meeting up with a new friend at the park. Every once in a while you meet someone that you instantly connect with. Though I HATE the reason that we relate so well to each other, it was refreshing to spend time with someone who is in my shoes. You see, Emily lost her husband to cancer last spring. She is 32 and has two beautiful children. As our kiddos went down the slide and rolled down grassy hills, we talked about the realities of this life.

3 comments:
Stephanie- Sounds like you had fun. I'm so glad that you have someone to connect with. Take care of that sweet boy and have a great week!
Terrific that you and Emily found each other. any difficult path is easier with a friend.
L.
I love how you find so many interesting things to do with Lincoln. You are a super mom!!!
Fredia
Post a Comment