Let me start off by saying that I got all my ideas off the internet at www.birthdaypartyideas.com
It's tough reading because it is all single spaced, but there are some really neat ideas. I tweaked the ideas to best fit Lincoln's age.
In the invitation, I asked all the boys to wear white shirts and khaki shorts or pants. With each activity that the boys completed, they earned a piece of their pirate uniform.

Their first activity was to color a parrot. I could not believe how long they spent coloring! When I planned out the party, I figured this would take about 15 minutes. They were at the table for around 40 minutes, and they would have been there longer if I had not moved them along.

Their next task was to walk the plank. When the boys were not "walking," they were in the water pretending to be crocodiles.

It was clear that they could not see through the mask!

They all earned their pirate vests. I put velcro on the parrot and the vest, so the parrot could perch on their shoulders.

Next, the boys had to bail water out of the ship. I had two buckets filled with water. The boys had to scoop water from one bucket and dump it into two empty buckets that were positioned several feet away. They got some good exercise with this activity!
They earned their bandannas for completing this activity.




No comments:
Post a Comment