The Gamma Knife Procedure
I thought I would take a moment and explain the gamma knife procedure. I did not go to the doctor with Keith, so I'm going by what Keith told me. We have to be at Baylor at 6:30 am on Monday. They will place a device on Keith's head and do a scan. Keith will be awake. I think they will give him a little something, but he won't be asleep. Once the scan is complete, Keith will go to a room and relax for several hours while the doctors map out the spot and set up the machine. I think Keith said that the doctor thought that the actual procedure would take about 30 minutes. The procedure is outpatient, so Keith will be able to go home. If he suffers any side effects, the doctor said that it would take about a week before they would show up.
Keith will get his first dose of chemo the next day. The doctors were hoping to wait a few days between the gamma knife procedure and chemo. The date for the procedure got pushed back, and the oncologist didn't want to wait any longer to start chemo.
Please pray for all the doctors who are working on Keith's case. Pray that God will bless them with knowledge, wisdom and precision. Pray that God will bless Keith with strength and courage. Next week is going to be rough. It is so hard to go back to the cancer center. I get teary eyed just thinking about it. Pray that God will grant me strength and energy. I've got two precious people to take care of right now. Pray that Lincoln will sleep well at night, so that I can get some sleep too.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment