Thursday, June 15, 2006

Gamma Knife Update

The gamma knife procedure went as well as can be expected. When they did a detailed MRI this morning they found two additional spots. The doctors really weren't too suprised to find more places. The one we knew about is 1.5 cm. The other two that they found are 3mm and 6mm. They went ahead and treated all the spots today. Keith will have another MRI in 2 months in order to see how the spots responded to the radiation.

Keith is feeling okay. He is pretty tired. His pain meds make him tired, and they gave him some more medicine today to help him relax. His head hurt where they attached the device to his head, but he seems to be doing better this evening. He is playing a new computer game as I type, so I would say he is doing pretty well.

He will go in for his first chemo treatment tomorrow morning at 7:30. The infusion is supposed to take about 3 hours. Keith will also be taking pills. I think he will take them every day, but I'm not certain about that. I'm sure they will tell Keith tomorrow.

Please pray that the treatment will go smoothly tomorrow. Pray that the cancer will respond to the treatment and that the side effects will be minimal. We are still waiting to hear whether Keith qualifies for short term disability. Pray that he will qualify and that that worry will be taken off of our shoulders. Pray that we will all get good rest. I am really worn out. Being a new mom and dealing with all of this is taking its toll.

1 comment:

Amber Smith said...

Stephanie-
I have been praying for Keith throughout the day today and will be praying for him tomorrow at 7:30. Video games, huh? I'm glad Keith is able to have a little fun today. Is that what you got him for your anniversary? Love you both!