Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Visit to the Oncologist

We saw Keith's oncologist today. He gave Keith some new meds to try. Hopefully the new pain medicine will work better. It is a patch, and it lasts for 3 days. Keith also got a new nausea medicine and a few other things.

The gamma knife procedure will be on Thursday. Keith will get his first dose of chemo on Friday. It will take 3 hours to administer the chemo, and he will go every other week. The doctor said that Keith will get two doses of chemo, and then he will have scans done again to see if the chemo is working.

Up until now, the doctor has been hesitant to give us a time frame. He said today that if Keith's tumors did not respond at all to treatment that he would probably have 6 months or less. I know that lots of people are praying for us. Please continue to pray. Pray that the tumors will respond to treatment. Pray that Keith will be in as little pain as possible. Pray that God will grant us all strength as we face this.

3 comments:

erinlo said...

No words...just praying.

Greg Brooks said...

Carolyn and I are praying for you, especially today.

Katrina said...

Paul and I are praying for Keith and for all of you. I wish I knew what to say.