Sunday, November 26, 2006

Today was a hard day. We had to watch Keith's brother and sister in law and two of Keith's childhood friends say goodbye to Keith. There have been plenty of tears shed in our house tonight. It gives me a glimpse into how difficult the memorial and funeral will be. (FYI-We will have a memorial here, and Keith will be buried in Tennessee.)

Keith is doing about the same. He sleeps a lot. Every once in a while, he will talk. Sometimes it makes sense, and sometimes it doesn't. He seems to be anxious about dying. He dreamed that he wasn't going to get to heaven because his faith wasn't strong enough. Keith has endured so much. He has remained faithful to the Lord. Please pray that he will be at peace.

7 comments:

Jason said...

My wife and I are praying for peace for the both of you and that your faith will remain strong.

erinlo said...

I am praying for peace for you and Keith. Thank you for letting us pray!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,
We've never met, but you are a person I admire greatly. I will never be able to tell you that enough. No one ever wants to be put in these situations and you have taken this with the strength of a Godly woman. I, along with many Chi Sigs and Regina members, pray for Keith and your family daily.

Tiffany said...

Stephanie,

Your family is in my prayers during this difficult time. I hope you know how much your husband is loved and admired by his Chi Sig, Regina, and Harding brothers and sisters.

May God keep you all in His hand.

Holly said...

Chris and I were talking the other night about our memories in what to write in our letter to Lincoln and if there is one thing we decided on for sure it was that when anyone had a question about the Bible we asked Keith because he ALWAYS knew the answer and the story and reasoning behind it. We love you!

Anonymous said...

We pray that you feel God's presence and His loving hand during this time.

rossovivogirl said...

Hi, Stephanie and Keith,
I work with Jenny Padgett, and she, along with many others at our school, has made me aware of the love and suffering that is in your home right now. I do not know you (although I think we've met once), but this update really called my attention. Keith, if he has faith in Christ alone for it, already has eternal life. That's the beauty of grace. It's a free gift, and it cannot be lost or taken away. And it does not hinge on our good works. God knows we are not perfect. That is why He gave us Jesus to begin with -- I think of the thief who hung on the cross alongside Christ as he was being crucified. That thief, who had lived a horrible and otherwise unforgiveable life, said to Jesus, "Surely you are the Son of God," and he believed that. And Jesus, knowing that, responded, "Today, you will be with me in paradise." And that was it. Read to Keith John 6:47 -- Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. (And point out all that present tense verbs in that promise!)