Monday, November 20, 2006

We have a request for all you "loyal blog readers" out there. If you know Keith, we ask that you think about your memories of him and share a few with us. We're looking for stories that will provide Lincoln with a glimpse of what his father was like. Our goal is to compile all the stories and create a book for Lincoln, so please write the story as if you are telling it to Lincoln. If possible, please include the year with each memory. You can e-mail your stories as a word document titled "memories." Our e-mail address is ksmccord@geusnet.com

Nov. 22
It looks like I probably won't have to have surgery. I won't know for sure until I see the specialist on the 6th. My doctor called and said that my results were pointing toward an autoimmune dissorder. I looked it up on the internet-what did we do before we had the internet? Often they give you medicine to "kill" your thyroid. Like I said, I will know more in a few weeks.

We are busy preparing for Thanksgiving. There will be 10 people at our house tomorrow, counting Lincoln. My mom's mom and my dad's parents are going to meet Lincoln for the first time. One of my cousins and her husband are also coming. Poor Lincoln, he isn't going to get any attention!! : )


Nov. 21
We are still working to adjust Keith's medicine. His pain seems to be under control. We are still working on the nausea. He has slept quite a bit today. Hopefully he will sleep tonight too! It's funny, Lincoln is sleeping through the night-now it's Keith who is waking me up. : )

2 comments:

Holly said...

I love the idea! We'll write a letter to Lincoln! :)

Alyssa said...

Keith and Stephanie,

I am signing in under Alyssa's blogspot ID, so this may look a little confusing. We've been keeping up with Keith's progress through the Grubbs in our class at Prestoncrest. I want to commend you for the strength and character that you are demonstrating in the middle of life circumstances that are almost incomprehensible for the rest of us at this stage of life. I don't have the words to express what my heart wants to say to you both - just know we will be thinking of you often and praying for you both, as well as Lincoln. I know from human eyes it's difficult to understand Romans 8:28 at times like this - but I have complete faith that God will bring good out of this experience.

Praying for God's blessings for you,
Clint O'Rear