We went ahead and signed Keith up for Hospice last night. (When I think of Hospice, I think of the services that they provide during someone's last days. Only God knows when Keith will pass on, but I do not think he is near death at this point.) They will be able to get Keith more pain meds, so that we don't have to make a special trip to get the prescription from his oncologist. They can take blood at home for Keith's labwork, so that he doesn't have to go to the hospital. They can provide us with any equipment that we may need-hospital bed, wheelchair, etc. As Keith's conditions worsens, they will be able to take care of other needs that we may have.
I can't tell you how hard it was to sign him up last night. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that I would be facing this situation at 29 years old. But we're here, so I'm dealing with it the best I can.
On a more fun note, today Lincoln is 6 months old. I think we may throw him a little party today. There is no guarantee that Keith will be here for his birthday, so we are going to make this a special day.
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
There are no words that can comfort either of you. Live each day to the fullest and know that one day you will be together again in heaven.
I just heard a song... and I couldnt help but think if you guys. Listen to it if you get a chance. It's "Ache"
http://www.myspace.com/jamescarrington
Hello. I went to church with yall briefly before you moved from Prestoncrest. Anyway, I don't want to offer false hope, but I have a friend who is in a very similar situation as Keith. She was diagnosed with Melanoma about 5 yrs ago and it metastasized into her brain, spine, and lungs. She is doing very well now after intensive, inpatient chemotherapy. But she also did a vitamin supplement that she swears saved her life (the Dr gave her a 10% chance of survival). Its called SeaSilver. She gets it off the internet and drinks it every day. I don't know if you wanted to try it, but the situations are so similar, that I had to pass on her advise. You are in our prayers. Amber Knauss
First, Happy Birthday precious Lincoln.
Stephanie, I wish I had words of wisdom and comfort for you and Keith and your families.We pray for strength and for good days to make beautiful lasting memories.
Just know you are in our daily thoughts and prayers.
Our love to you
Joe, Fredia and Heather Jo
I cannot imagine what an incredibly hard step that was to take with Hospice. I pray that they will be the support and encouragement that you guys need right now. I have watched them be such a tremendous help to so many families, in so many ways other than medical needs. Your family is in our constant prayers!
I have always thought that both of you were wiser and more spiritual than your years.... This situation makes me think that even more. You all have had such a huge impact on our lives. We are here if you need anything.
Grubbs
"So do not fear for I AM with you; do not be dismayed for I AM your God. I WILL strengthen you and keep you, I WILL uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10
Much love and always praying for y'all
I cannot even imagine how had this time is for you all. Make as many memories as you can and live each day to the fullest. Happy 6 months Lincoln! You make your mommy and daddy proud!
I just cannot even imagine what you are all going through. There is nothing to say just tears, love, and lots of prayers coming your way. We are praying all day everyday for each of you.
Post a Comment