I know people are concerned about me and how I am dealing with this. In all honesty, I think I'm doing pretty good. When something reminds me of Keith, I allow myself time to be sad. Sometimes I shed a few tears. Sometimes I don't. Then I pick myself back up and put my mind on something else. Do I feel sorry for myself sometimes? Yes. I hate where I'm at. I hate that I'm single again. I hate that I'm a single parent. I hate that Lincoln isn't going to grow up truly knowing Keith. I hate that I have to go back to work. I hate so many things. I could become bitter. I think most people would understand if that is the road I chose to take. It would be so easy to convince myself that God doesn't care. Afterall, look at my life. At 27 my husband was diagnosed with cancer. At 29 I watched as my 30 year old husband's body and mind withered away. It's not the fairytale life that every girl dreams about.
Instead, I am chosing the more difficult path. There is a verse in Job that became Keith's mantra, "Though he slay me, yet I will hope in him" Job 13:15. This verse has taken on a new meaning for me since I lost Keith. It was hard when Keith had cancer, but I always had hope that he would beat it. Now that Keith is gone, I admit that it is more difficult to put my hope in God, but I am doing my best to do just that.
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are so strong in Christ! Thank you for being a witness for all those around you!
You and Lincoln are in our thoughts and prayers on a daily basis! We love you both!
stephanie,
Hi, I was led to comment after you said, "look at my life..." Praise the Lord that you have a degree and can get a job. Praise the Lord you were offered salvation instead of hell. Praise Him that you were able to love a husband that also loved the Lord. Praise God you are raising Lincoln as a single parent because Keith went home and not because he left you for another woman. Praise God that at 29 you are being sanctified to walk with a sweeter faith than ever before but most of all Praise Him for who he is and not what he does. Oh how he loves you. A friend/sister....Psalm 138:8
The Lord will accomplish all that concerns you.
We (your friends) will be with you on this difficult path - crying with you, cheering you on, and lifting you up. Most importantly though, the Author and Perfecter of your Faith will never leave your side nor let your foot slip as you walk this path with & for Him! Love you girl!
Jenny
Post a Comment