My heart is heavy. It seems that everywhere I look someone is dealing with cancer. Whether it be that specific person or a friend or loved one, cancer seems to be everywhere. I'm sure my circumstances have made me more aware. I no longer wear the "rose colored glasses" that allow me to focus on the good and ignore the bad. Now my glasses allow me to see people in a different light. I see people who are hurting, people who are scared, people who wonder where God is. . . I'm not sure this is a bad thing.
It is so easy to get caught up in this world. When I was in college, one of my friends once said something about how eager she was to go to heaven. I remember thinking, "Yes, I want to go there too, but there are a few things I would like to do first. I want to get married, and I want to have kids." I no longer think that way. I am so ready for Jesus to come and take us home! The lines from a familiar song popped into my head the other day. Though the song is a familiar one, they words have taken on a new meaning in the past year.
This world is not my home.
I'm just passing through.
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue.
The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door,
And I can't feel at home in this world anymore.
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am not sure if you remember me or not...we attended college together. I just wanted to say I have been reading your blog for some time now, and you have certainly been in my thoughts alot. I love to sing the song you mentioned. I know that those angels are beckoning me from Heaven...and two of those angels are calling me by name..."Mommy". I can't wait to get there...to see Jesus, to sing with the angels, and to hold my children! It is going to be glorious!
And to comment on an earlier post, my son Levi is teething too! WOW...I am practically cheering the teeth on.."Hurry up, come in!" What a 'season' of life this is for us, with our dear little teething babies!
Blessings to you!
AMEN SISTER. Last night I was watching Night Line at 10:30 and there was a special on people who are now speaking out and trying to convence others to speak out on youtube professing how they do not believe in God. I thought how sad-now people are trying more than ever to persuade people to not believe in the Only Hope we have in this world. I am ready for Jesus to come and take us home. Come Quickly!
Post a Comment