Yesterday was a good day. I got my haircut, which is almost always a good thing-unless you get a bad haircut. I also got together with one of my dear friends. We ate dinner together and rented a girl movie. I'm getting a massage today at 11, and I'm going to eat lunch with another friend this afternoon.
It is funny how long it takes your brain to process things. Yesterday I pulled into our driveway, and I saw Keith' car. My first thought was, "What is he doing home?" His car has been parked in the driveway for the past 7 months. I don't know why it hit me like that yesterday, but it did.
I was checking my e-mail this morning, and one of them was about the next baby blessing at our church. Tears welled up in my eyes as I thought about that day. Keith and I should have be able to stand at the front with Lincoln, but instead it will just be Lincoln and me. That is a hard thing to think about. Though I have been mourning my husband, I do not think I have even begun to mourn Lincoln's dad. It breaks my heart that Lincoln will never truly remember Keith. His memories of Keith will be pictures, video clips, and the stories that we share. I know that one day Lincoln will get to meet Keith, but I pray that day is a long, long time from now.
Friday, January 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm responding to your Thursday blog in regards to your question about helping the hurting.........Once when I was much younger and still had small children an older lady called me one morning and ask if I could go with her to one of our church members home. Her husband had passed away......I was a little anxious about it and I told her I wasn't too good at saying the right thing at a time like that. She very sweetly told me,"Honey we are not going there to talk, we are going there to wash dishes".Over the years I have had more than one occasion to think about that statement. She was right. There are many ways to help someone without saying a word. Just be there. One's presence is a great support at times when we are in a hard situation
Love,
Martha
Post a Comment