I did manage to go to the support group on Thursday. It was about what I expected. There were four people who attended the meeting. There had been a few more the week before. I imagine that there are some people who go one time and decide that they aren't ready. It was hard. I won't lie. At one point we went around the room and gave a short explaination as to why we were there. That was probably the hardest part of the whole evening for me. I can't possibly tell our story without crying. Though I know there is nothing wrong with crying, I just don't like to do it in public.
Overall, I think the group will be good for me. It will challenge me to face some things that I am tempted to put aside. At the same time, I think it will also help me to see how far I've already come. I did a lot of grieving before Keith passed away. Unlike someone whose loved one died unexpectantly, I was able to gain closure before Keith passed on.
I had a garage sale on Friday. If I were to do it again, I probably wouldn't have done the garage sale the day after the support group. I was worn out emotionally, but I went ahead and followed through with my plans because the weather has been so unpredictable lately. It went pretty well. (Thanks to two great girls who came and helped me out : ). Keith's games and game systems sold well. Unfortunately, I'm still stuck with some of the big stuff that I hoped to be rid of. I will have to have another garage sale once we sale the house, so I'm planning on going through what is left and deciding whether items are worth storing. There are several small ticket items that I will probably go ahead and donate.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm not sure what your bigger items may be, but it might be worth checking into craigslist.com
It's like ebay, only it's by locale and it's supposed to be much easier. I've had friends who have had good luck buying and selling.
Post a Comment