Lincoln and I have been busy working on two things- transitioning to a cup and sign language. We're making some progress on the cup. I bought a new one to try the other day. He still prefers the bottle hands down. As for sign language, sometimes I feel like I'm training a dog. Lincoln responds to "come" quite well. It really is helpful for him to understand what I am saying and for him to actually comply with what I am asking. It doesn't always work, but sometimes when he is headed in an undesirable direction he will turn around and head my direction. We're also working on the signs for milk, eat, and more.
I'm planning on attending another session of the support group tomorrow evening. I just looked at the book the other night and realized that you are supposed to be answering questions on a daily basis. I missed the first week, so none of that is filled out. I haven't filled out anything for this week either. I don't think I am going to win the award for "star pupil." : )
I went to the endocrinologist the other day. I really don't have any big news to report. I have only been on the thyroid medicine for a few days. The doctor did say that I could stop taking the medicine to slow down my heart rate. I've been feeling pretty run down lately, which is due to my thyroid working too slow. Once the thyroid medicine "kicks in" that should get better. I'm so ready to have all of this behind me and feel like a normal person again.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hang in there with the sign language. Wyatt started signing the day before he turned one. You have a smart one on your hands. He'll be talking to you soon!
Nathan has really done good with the please and thank you signs too... that way when he wants something he's actually saying please for it before he gets it. Oh and when you have luck with the cup let us know... I still have an 18 month old who will take everything in the world from a cup EXCEPT milk, and I'm at a total loss. Sounds like Lincoln is a precious little boy!
I loved doing sign language with the girls. Their favorite was always "more, eat". ;) My favorite was "don't touch", it was used A LOT! Especially during church when I was trying to discipline quietly. LOL.
I am sorry you are feeling run down with the thyroid problems. I can relate. I must tell you that I feel like a different person on the Synthyroid. Much less "run down" and more allert. Hopefully you will be on the way to feeling great soon!
You and Lincoln are always in our prayers. God bless you!
-Jen
Post a Comment