I made my decision on which job to accept. I decided to go with the established school (Oaks Elementary). The other opportunity was to help open a new school. Though it sounded like a neat opportunity, I didn't feel that it was a good idea to take on the challenge of a new school at this time if I could help it. The school that I chose is also closer to my parents and Lincoln's school. (He is probably going to go to Mother's Day Out 3 days a week, and my mom will watch him the other 2 days.)
I will be teaching kindergarten. Like I said in an earlier post, I had the opportunity to meet my team in the interview. They seemed like a great group of women. I'm looking forward to working with them in the fall.
As for Lincoln, he can wave and say "bye, bye." He is working on tooth #8. He loves cars. If he doesn't have a car, he will push whatever toy he has across the floor like a car. The boy also loves spoons. It doesn't matter if it is a big spoon or a little spoon. He loves to hold them and crawl around with them. Lincoln is also eating more table food. He is actually doing a pretty good job of getting the food in his mouth. (My parents dog is enjoying Lincoln's visit. She gets to do clean up duty after Lincoln eats.) Lincoln especially loves fruit and cheese.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Praying for you to know you are making all the right decisions!
Congrats Steph!
I assume you're at the Oaks in Atascocita? If so, that is a great school. I had the opportunity to sub there lots when we we're living in Humble, mostly in Kindergarten. The team was great and the P and VP were great too. One of the secretaries there is my best friend's mom. She's amazing. You'll have a great time there.
Congratulations! I am so glad this was somewhat easy for you. I pray for a wonderful experience. I know what you mean about feeding the dog the kids leftovers. Maggie has gained a lot since the girls have been eating table food.
Congrats on the new job. I know you don't know me, but I am a friend of Myra's. I use to work at Oaks Elementary for 2 years. I also attended there when I was little and my mom works there. Good luck and let me know if you need any help with anything.
Congrats! Picking a school is so important. I am glad it is working out. I bet Lincoln will love his school. Wyatt really enjoys going and playing with friends. :) Hugs
Post a Comment