Lincoln and I had a great time in California. He did well on the airplane. My mom traveled with us. It was nice to have her along! I can't imagine facing the airport on my own with Lincoln.
While we were in California, Lincoln got to meet some new family members. He got to spend time with great aunts and great uncles and even a second cousin. He got to meet some other family members too. One day we met up with my mom's aunt, her daughter, and her daughter's grandkids. I'm not even going to try to figure out their titles in relation to Lincoln. He sure enjoyed the attention!
We had a nice time visiting with family and relaxing. We did manage to go on a few fun adventures. We went to the park, the children's museum, and the pool. My cousin's daughter, Taylor, was brave enough to actually get in the chilly water. Lincoln didn't go swimming, but he did stick his feet in the water. He loved it! I think we will be spending quite a bit of time at the pool this summer. : ) We also managed to fit in a little shopping-surprise, surprise.
I think Lincoln's favorite thing about the whole visit was getting to climb the stairs in my Grandma's townhouse. The truth is that we spent most of the week trying to keep him away from the stairs. We even set up a barricade in order to keep him safe. On our last day I decided to let him attempt the stairs. I wish you could have seen the look on his face! He was soooo excited! After going up a few steps, he looked back at me with a sheepish grin. You could tell he was very proud of his accomplishment!
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment