Friday, May 18, 2007

Today is Lincoln's birthday. Though I plan on dedicating a whole entry to Lincoln, I had a few thoughts that I wanted to put down. I guess his birthday post will have to wait until nap time.

It is so hard to believe that a year has already gone by. This past year has been the worst year of my life and best year of my life all wrapped up into one. You might think, "How is that possible?" You would think that one would override the other. In my case, it doesn't. This past year was awful for the obvious reason-I lost my husband to cancer. This year was wonderful for another obvious reason-the birth of our first child.

When we first found out that Keith's cancer was back, I questioned God. Why on earth would he bring us a child at this time? Though I am hesitant to say why God did this, I feel that He blessed us with Lincoln, so that we would have a piece of Keith with us. Thank you God for this wonderful gift!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Lincoln.

I put your "red" wagon together last night, so it will be ready for your next visit.

Tamara said...

Happy 1st Lincoln! Stephanie, you are always in my thoughts and prayers!
Tamara