Saturday, June 23, 2007

Well, today's big task was cleaning out Keith's closet. I took out most of his clothes a few months ago. There were still a few pieces of clothing hanging in his closet. Today I bagged up the remaining clothing, so I can donate them.

I have been placing things of Keith's that I want to keep in a box. I went through the box today too. That was hard. There are days when I can almost convince myself that none of this ever happened. Then I do something like look through Keith's stuff or read old posts on our blog, and it hits me. Yes, it really happened, and I just sit and cry.

It makes me a little sad to think about the fact that the things of Keith's that I'm keeping fit into one box. Well, that's not entirely true. I'm keeping his guitar. There are other things of his that I still have out (books, movies, etc.) I know I can't keep everything, but it still makes me sad to think that his life is reduced to one box. Today I wondered if it would have been me who passed away, what would he have kept?

No comments: