We're back!! We got home yesterday around 4:30. The trip went very well. Lincoln was a good traveler. He watched movies, ate lots of snacks, and took a few naps along the way. We drove through a total of 6 states (Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi).
We had a good visit with Keith's family. Lincoln got to spend a few days with his grandparents. He also got to see both great grandmas, several great aunts and uncles, and some second cousins. I think the highlight of his trip was getting to see his cousins. He enjoyed being around Railey and Callie.
I predicted that I would have some stories to share. I will leave you with two.
On the journey, Lincoln and I stopped at a rest stop. I figured that would be a good place for him to get out and stretch his legs. While we were out, I decided to go ahead and use the restroom. While we were in the stall, Lincoln started banging on the door. Apparently the latch wasn't secured well because the door started to open. I reached out with one hand and held the door closed. Then Lincoln decided that it would be a good idea to crawl under the door, so I quickly grabbed him with my other hand. Life with a little boy is sure an adventure.
We left my brother and sister in laws house Monday morning to start back home. The trip was going well. We were scheduled to arrive at our stopping point in less than two hours. All of the sudden, I noticed that the cars were stopping on the highway. When I say stopping, I mean to say they were at a complete stop. People turned off their cars and got out to walk around. It was clear that there was an accident ahead. A care flight helicopter flew over us and several ambulances drove on the shoulder. Lincoln and I got to hang out with a bunch of strangers for two hours on the side of the road. As you can imagine, these are not ideal conditions with a little one. I managed to keep him busy. We walked around, played with rocks along the side of the road, and explored the front and the back seats of the car. As much of an inconviece as this unplanned stop was, I couldn't help but be grateful that we were safe as I drove by the cars in the accident! Thank you God for keeping us safe.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment