The last few weeks have been really busy. It's been easy to push my grief aside. Afterall, who wants to stop and think about unpleasant things? Instead, I have busied my mind with countless to do lists and projects, but with mom and dad gone, the house is quieter. There isn't anyone to keep me company once Lincoln goes to bed, so I've spent some time thinking about where I am.
It's hard to believe that it's been 9 months since Keith passed away. In some ways it feels like it was 9 years ago instead of 9 months ago. As time goes by, I feel him fading from my memory. It's a struggle to remember the sound of his voice or the feel of my hand in his. It's almost as if our life together was a dream.
For the most part, I put up a brave front. I'm trying so hard to be okay with all that has happened, but the truth is that I'm not okay with it. I miss Keith, and I'm tired of hurting. I just wish I knew when the hurting would stop. I wish I knew when this feeling of emptiness would fade away. I wish I knew when this sense of sadness would be replaced with a sense of joy.
Saturday, September 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Thinking of you and your son Stephanie.You are not alone ,I can relate to all of your posts.I am a month behind you in the grief process but I feel the same.I think it will probably get worse before it gets better.At least for me it has.The 7th & 8th month have been the worse so far.Stay strong and continue to stay busy.You and your son are in my families prayers.Also thank you for sharing your feelings on your blog,it has helped me realize I am not alone.
Stephanie,
Though I don't know you personally, I wish I did. I have followed your journey since I first heard of Keith's cancer from my dear friend Holly Grubbs. So many times I have wanted to comfort you but have not known what to say. I hope it just helps to know that you have another person praying for you and thinking of you and Lincoln.
With love,
Summer Fuqua
Stephanie, I am praying for you today. Praying that God gives you strength and that He takes away some of the pain that you continue to feel. My family has experienced grief in a different way, but I do know that it is a long journey and different for each person. Each of us who shares in your journey, whether through this blog or by your side, cares about you, lifts you up to our Father, and shares, in a small way, your hurt. Thank you for sharing your heart.
Stephanie-
We are praying for you daily! I know there is nothing we can say to make it easier and I have no idea what you are going through. I just know that God can give you strength when things seem impossible... so we will be praying for Him to give you that strength and peace. -Jen
I have been offline for a little while and really wanted to get back on here to see how you were doing. I pray for you often, Stephanie. I pray for strength to help you through this. I appreciate so much your honesty on this blog. You and Lincoln are in my prayers each and every night. Although I don't know you personally, God knows exactly who I am talking about.
Lori
Newhope, Ar
Post a Comment