Monday, December 10, 2007
It seems kinda weird to mention this on the blog, but I am no longer wearing a ring on my ring finger. My goal through all of this has been to chronicle my journey, and this decision is a part of the journey. I decided that I was ready to stop wearing a ring a few weeks ago. For the longest time, I felt that I needed to wear something on my ring finger. It felt naked without a ring. I also worried about what people would think or assume. I've finally reached a point where I don't care quite as much about what others may think. I guess I'm also a bit more comfortable with my situation and my place in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That had to be a tough decision. I am glad that you are doing what you need to and that you have confidence to trust that God has His hand on you and Lincoln and he has and will continue to lead you in all desicions. I am glad that you are sharing with everyone, and I hope you know that you are loved and thought of often!
Good Evening, Stephanie.
I found your blog through the Jennifer Ireland blog a while back. Your story has touched me because my son, Connor, is a month older than Lincoln and I can relate to a lot of the "baby" experiences that you have gone through. I look at Lincoln and the everyday situations you go through with him and I laugh and think how similar our lives our! The reason why I decided to respond to this particular blog was because of your decision to remove your wedding ring. While I cannot fully understand your situation, the last part of your blog gave me a flashback to when I was pregnant and couldn't wear my wedding band. I was so paranoid that people would think I had gotten pregnant out of wedlock that I would purposely write a check just so the cashier would see my husband's name. It makes me look very shallow, in retrospect, and I admire your courage to make this tough decision. You have made me realize that as long as I, and God, know the true that is all that truly matters. God bless and I hope you and Lincoln have a wonderful Christmas.
Sincerely,
Jackie McGinnis
Post a Comment