Tuesday, January 08, 2008

We Survived
Lincoln and I both survived our first day back at school. I have a feeling he had more fun than I did or at least I hope he did. Overall, my kids were pretty good. On top of adjusting to being back at school, we've got lots of assessment that needs to be done. Though assessment is obviously important, it is definitely not my favorite task.

Enough of that. . .

Last night while Lincoln was taking a bath, I was sitting on the floor looking at a magazine. When he was ready to get out, I put the magazine down, and got him out of the tub. You want to guess what happened next??? That's right, he peed all over my magazine. : )

I sing to Lincoln all the time. Sometimes I sing "real" songs, and sometimes I sing silly songs that I make up. Every once in a while, Lincoln will start singing on his own. Here is a song that he sang one morning before Christmas break:

Twinkle, twinkle,
Happy, happy, happy,
Ho, ho, ho.

I've also noticed that Lincoln will ask himself questions when he is playing. I have no idea what he is saying, but you can tell that he is asking a question by the inflection in his voice. It sounds something like this:

"Fflkjsalfjdsaljkfdsal? Nooooooooo."
"Rflfalskjflsdajfldsj? Nooooooooo."
(Just in case you're wondering, the answer is always "no.")

1 comment:

SG said...

My 18 month old speaks an entirly different language at times. Wonder is they would understand each other?