I guess you can consider this a continuation of the post before last. It's funny, some posts write themselves. Sometimes I can just sit down and type away. Then there are other times when I spend a few days on a post. The Mar. 30th post falls into the second category(as does this one). The truth is that I was never really satisfied with that post. I struggled and struggled with putting my feelings into words. I finally just gave up and posted it, so I could move on and post about Lincoln.
Though everything I said in the post was true, I never got to the root of the problem. I've been thinking a lot since I wrote that post. I've come to the realization that I am tired. Tired is probably an understatement. It's not that I'm not getting enough sleep. I'm just worn out by life. The past two years have been hard. I went from being excited about having a baby to having a newborn and a husband undergoing chemo treatments. I went from hoping that the chemo would work to realizing that the chemo wasn't working. I went from wanting as much time as possible with Keith to wishing that he would pass on, so that he would no longer be in pain. I went from learning to be a single mom to learning to be a single working mom.
Sometimes I get so frustrated with myself. I feel like I should be "okay" by now. Though I try to make it appear as if things are fine, if I'm being truley honest that isn't the case. I feel so far away from God right now. I feel like I've been left out in the desert. Though I know He hasn't left my side, I just don't feel his presence like I once did. It has never been harder to sit back and trust Him.
I had to opportunity to go to a Jeremy Camp concert last weekend. He lost his first wife to cancer. I will end the post with the song that he wrote shortly after she passed away:
Scattered words and empty thoughts
Seem to pour from my heart
I've never felt so torn before
Seems I don't know where to start
But its now that I feel your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip washing away my pain
I still believe in your faithfulness
I still believe in your truth
I still believe in your holy word
Even when I don't see, I still believe
Though the questions still fog up my mind
With promises I still seem to bear
Even when answers slowly unwind
It's my heart I see you prepare
But its now, that I feel, your grace fall like rain
From every fingertip washing away my pain
I still believe in your faithfulness
I still believe in your truth
I still believe in your holy word
Even when I don't see, I still believe
Well the only place I can go is into your arms
Where I throw to you my feeble prayers well in brokenness
I can see that this was your will for me
Help me to know that you are near
I still believe in your faithfulness
I still believe in your truth
I still believe in your holy word
Even when I don't see, I still believe
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thanks for sharing your heart and the words to that song. I will pray that you will feel God's presence again and that He will carry your burdens when you are tired. I love you, friend!
Don't want to scare you as I have never met you, but I've been reading this blog for a while now and I just have to tell you again that I think you are doing a great job with Lincoln and with life in general! I think it would be strange for everything to OK at this point. But you getting closer to OK all the time and that is hard work! You have to be tired on many levels. But you are doing great! I think you know that, but I just wanted to say it again anyway. :)
I've been thinking about what you've written and the verse about having faith as small as a mustard seed and being able to move mountains comes to mind. While you may feel like your faith is small and your trust is wavering, God can take that and give it back to you in abundance. Hang in there friend. I will be praying.
As I was reading this post I could not help but think of the poem "Footprints" I have always loved it because I know in my darkest hour God will carry me. You are such an amazing Mom and person. You are always in our prayers. I have so much admiration and respect for you and in the way you have handled things. I pray that you feel the Lord holding you during the tiring days and even on those that are not.
First of all, thank you for being so honest about all that you have been going through these past couple of years. It helps us know exactly what to pray.
I am sorry that you feel so beaten down right now. I will pray that God will make His presence felt by you and that His strength will sustain you as you struggle to make parenting decisions without Keith.
I don't know what to say other than that you and Lincoln are in our prayers daily. We love you!
Steph-
Thank you for sharing all of this with us. You are such a strong person.
I definitley have had time in my life where I have felt distant from God. I am so glad to see that instead of turning from Him at this time you are still looking toward Him. I LOVE the song you posted.
I have been overwhelmed lately and this scripture has helped me a lot:
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words can not express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will".
~Romans 8:26-27
It's nice to know when we are so lost and overwhelmed that we don't even know what to pray for..The Spirit intercedes.
God bless you!!!
~Jen
You bring tears to my eyes with your honesty and your openness. I'm so sorry for the hurt, loss, unwanted transitions, and pain you have been and are going through.
Post a Comment