Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lincoln and I had planned on going to eat breakfast at Panera Bread this morning. Since we woke up to pouring rain, I think we will put that off for another day. I'm a bit disappointed. Oatmeal or yogurt doesn't quite compare to a yummy pastry or a toasted bagel. And we even had a gift card. : (

While I am thinking about it, I wanted to blog about a few things that the Little Man has said lately.

-"I can't." This is Lincoln's new phrase.

-My mom has an Uncle Sam doll sitting in a chair outside of their house. Everytime Lincoln sees it, he says, "Ho, ho!" I have tried to tell him that it is Uncle Sam. I'm not sure that he is convinced. Though he will change the name a little, "Ho, ho" must always been in the name. He has also called the doll "Uncle Ho, ho" and "Ho, ho Sam." Silly boy!

-The other day we were eating dinner at his picnic table. All of the sudden he said, "I back minute. Okay, Mom? Goodbye." Though I had provided him with one drink, apparently he needed two cups at the table. He grabbed his other cup, and came right back to the table. What a big boy!

-The other night my parents were coming over for dinner. I had told Lincoln that they were coming earlier in the day. Later on, I asked him who was coming to dinner. He quickly said, "Pops." When I asked him who else was coming, he said, "Jesus." I wish you could hear him say Jesus. It sounds more like "Gee sus," and he almost always whispers it.

-This morning when I went to get Lincoln, he was standing by the window. He could hear the rain, and he wanted to see it. I lifted the blinds, and he just stood and watched for a while. Then he started asking about a light. I couldn't see it from my angle, but when I got down to his level, I saw what he was talking about. His night light was casting a reflection on the window. It looked like the light was on a tree. He was totally baffled by this. I tried to explain what was going on. I even turned off the night light to show him that the light really wasn't on the tree. When I turned the light on again, he looked to see if it was reflecting on the tree again, and he said, "Silly light."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter calls Jesus "Geezy" and sometimes "Geezy man". NO idea where she got this...