Unwanted Houseguests and Dreaded Tasks
(Clarification: The unwanted houseguests are of the winged variety. I was not referring to my inlaws.)
Apparently, a mother bird thought our chimney would be a great place for her nest. For the past several weeks, we have heard the birds chirping. At first I thought it was sweet. As the birds have gotten older, they have also gotten louder. It is no longer sweet. I am counting down the days till those little birds are big enough to fly!!!
Apparently, a mother bird thought our chimney would be a great place for her nest. For the past several weeks, we have heard the birds chirping. At first I thought it was sweet. As the birds have gotten older, they have also gotten louder. It is no longer sweet. I am counting down the days till those little birds are big enough to fly!!!
Last week Keith's parents came for a visit. We had a good visit with them. It was great for Lincoln to get to spend time with them in his own environment. Thanks Nana and Grandfather for making the long trek to Texas. : )
While I had extra reinforcements, I accomplished two tasks that I've been dreading for quite some time. I managed to get Lincoln's picture taken and clean out the garage. There isn't much of a story to tell about the garage, but our photo experience was rather memorable.
I had a feeling that it wasn't going to be a pleasant experience. Man was I right! First of all, Lincoln's morning began before 5. (He usually sleeps until around 6:30.) He woke up bright eyed and ready to go. Our appointment was at 9, so I did my best to keep him happy before the appointment, which means he watched more tv than I usually let him watch. On our way to the picture place, I noticed that he had fallen asleep. It only takes around 10 minutes to get to the studio, and he didn't fall asleep right away, so he had only been asleep a few minutes when we had to get out of the car. When I woke him up, he didn't get upset. He was happy until we walked over to where the photographer was going to take the pictures. He started crying, so the photographer pulled out a toy. Instead of sitting and playing with that toy, Lincoln was more interested with pulling out the other toys that she had. She ended up changing the backdrop, which distracted him. He still wasn't being very cooperative, so I pulled out the goldfish. After all of that (and a little more-I just gave you the highlights), I'm happy to say that we did get a good picture.

3 comments:
McCord Family-
I have been following your journey for a while and have left a few comments. I thought of the story "The Best Nest" by Dr. Suess when I read your post about the Birds new home. I read that story tonight to my son. You will have to read the story to Lincoln. Always thinking and praying for you and your family.
The Mudge Family
Overland Park, Kansas
I know just what that is like. Everytime I take Jed to have his picture made, he falls asleep and then is cranky for the photographer! I'm getting ready to have his 2nd bday pics made and I am hoping these will turn out better than the last time.
Can't wait to see Lincoln's pictures!
LOL. I have resorted to becoming the family photgrapher b/c no one else can get any of the girls all cooperating. ;) Love to see the new pic when you get a sec.
We've made our blog private so if you were reading send me your e-mail and I'll add you on.
Rackleymay19@hotmail.com
Still praying for you daily!
God Bless~
Jen
Post a Comment