Monday, November 24, 2008

*Update- Nov. 25*
Today was a better day. I had yet another EKG. Everything looks fine. My doctor thinks that I may have just had a bad reaction to my new medicine. She wrote me a prescription for my old medicine. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My school district thinks that we should only miss three days for Thanksgiving. Apparently, my body has a different opinion. Today we had the pleasure of spending several house at the emergency room/doctor's office. I started taking some new medicine on Friday. I noticed that it made me feel weird. This morning I was feeling BAD. I was very jittery, my chest was hurting, and my heart was racing. I kept trying to tell myself that it would be okay. I tried to sit down and take some deep breaths. I managed to get Lincoln and I ready despite all of this. I had just put him in his car seat when the thought occured to me that I had no business driving. I called mom and she took us to the hospital.

I've had two EKG's, two chest x-rays, and lots of blood work done. We're still not sure what the problem is. I did get some medicine in the ER to slow down my heartrate, so I'm no longer experiencing those symptoms. I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow. Hopefully she will be able to figure out what's going on.

5 comments:

Rebekah @ reclaimed riches said...

Girl, I hope you're ok. Keep us updated and get some rest. I pray you have a marvelous Thanksgiving. We need to get together soon.

jennyc said...

I am so sorry you had to go to the hospital. Take it easy and REST!!! Jenny

Sturgmom said...

Hope you're doing better now. Thinking about you and praying for you today and tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about you.

Jenny Padgett

Anonymous said...

OH, that is so scary. My thyroid meds have done that to me before. YIKES! Glad you are better!