We've had some "heavy" discussions in the McCord house the past few days. A few of them have gone something like this:
Lincoln: I want to show my dad my book.
Mom: Remember, dad is in Heaven.
Lincoln: Where is Heaven?
Mom: It's up in the sky.
Lincoln: I want him to come down.
Lincoln: I want to see my dad.
Mom: How are you going to do that?
Lincoln: Climb the clouds.
Mom: What would you do if you could see dad?
Lincoln: Give him a hug.
I'm not sure if you've heard the song Finally Home. While the song is obviously about meeting our Heavenly Father, I can't help but think of Lincoln. I can hardly listen to the first few lines without getting teary eyed.
I'm gonna wrap my arms around my daddy's neck
And tell him that I've missed him.
And tell him all about the man that I became
And hope that it pleased him.
There's so much I want to say
There's so much I want you to know.
When I finally make it home.
When I finally make it home.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
{{HUGS}} Always praying for the 2 of you. Praying that the Lord will give you the wisdom to know how to handle these conversations with Lincoln and that he has an understanding that surpasses his age.
Finally Home is our favorite song right now. I get chills every time I hear it. Praying for the both of you. We love you!
Hi Steph,
I don't know if you know me or not, but we went to Prestoncrest some while you guys were there. I have kept up with your blog, and pray for you often! I have a little boy about Lincoln's age. :)
You may already know about the Wims, but in case you didn't, I wanted to give you their blog address. I went to college with them. The dad, Brad, passed away yesterday after a long, hard fought battle with cancer. I know that you know unlike any other what his sweet wife is going through right now. I just had it on my heart to put you in touch with her some how...even if only to pray for their family. www.thewims.blogspot.com
Heard this song today on Klove and thought of you. I said a quiet prayer that God would continue to be with you and help you with along this journey with Lincoln.
I recently found out that a girl I knew growing up just lost her husband to lymphoma. She has a little boy and is pregnant with a little girl. I pointed her in the direction of your blog. Hope you don't mind.
My heart breaks for you! And yet I also rejoice at what a wonderful young man you have raised your son to be! I will continue to pray that the Lord will provide for all your needs....including the emotional and spiritual healing that can also take time to receive. YOU will know when it is time for things in your life and even if you aren't sure, it will all be up to you and God will provide. You are an amazing woman! :)
Post a Comment