Update: For those of you who were wondering, I decided to take the new position. I'll post more about it once it is finalized.
Perspective
I know my last post was a joy to read. It's been my goal to keep things "real," which I why I post those not so fun moments. There is a piece of me that just wants to post the fun stuff, but I feel that I've been called to do more. At this point in my life, I crave authentic relationships where I can be truthful about where I am and what I'm going through.
As rough as the past few years have been, in some crazy way I feel like Keith's passing was a gift. I know that sounds weird. It taught me to appreicate life. It taught me what is truly important. It taught me to live in the moment. I wish there was some way to pass that on to you. Unfortunately, it kinda seems like you have to experience or closely witness someone experiencing a life altering time to learn those lessons. I write all of this to say, that even on my hard days, I'm able to find joy.
On a side note, I would appreciate your prayers. A job opportunity has opened up at my school. I've basically got the weekend to think it over. I'm thinking that it will be a good change, but I'm a little nervous about it because it's something new.

7 comments:
I spoke with a woman today who had just become a widow in the last 7 months after 22 years of marriage. All I could think to do was offer to hug her, let her cry and say how sorry I am. What else could I have done? She was so devastated and I wish I could have done more.
One of the things I love most about you is your honesty. You have been such a source of encouragement and support during some very tough times for our family. I am so thankful that I had you to turn to when no one else understood. Your'e awesome and I know God has awesome plans instore for you ahead.
Although I don't know you, I've read your blog posts from beginning to the present in recent weeks. You are quite an inspiration. I will keep you and Lincolm in my prayers, and especially ask for guidance for you in your decision regarding your job. I'm a retired TX elementary school teacher/AP/principal, so I understand the trepidation with change. I can honestly tell you, though, that each time God presented me with a new opportunity, it was a blessing. So glad you are so honest in your writing, and that even in the midst of pain you can find the joy. That is what God promised to those who remain in Him. May your week be blessed!
Stephanie-
We'll be praying! We love you!
I appreciate your candor. Job opportunity? Nervous is good, but fear is not our destiny. You are an overcomer, and no matter the moment, God loves you and desires your deepest joy. Your love for your boy and for your husband, the witness of your friends and family are testimony to your capacity for Adventure! Thanks for sharing your blog with e-world. :)- Jim K
You are going to be great in your position! You are, and always have been, a blessing to those families you touch through teaching.
Although it does put a wrench in my plans to move to Houston so you could be Eli's kindergarten teacher (now that'll make you want to look for another line of work!), but I guess we'll just stay here and figure out a new plan!
Talk to you soon!
Hi,
I haven't posted for a long time, but follow your blog and pray that you are having a good day. I think after the last year or so you have had you won't have to worry about trying a diffrent position. You can do it! Good luck which ever way you choose.
Old Mary
Post a Comment