Monday, October 12, 2009

Where has time gone?

It's hard to believe that it is October. While I wish that I had some really great reason as to why I haven't blogged lately, I don't. Life has just been busy. Like the beginning of every school year, I'm struggling to find the balance between being a single mom and a teacher. You'd think I would have figured it out by now, but I haven't. It seems like most nights Lincoln is left to play on his own so that I can work on school stuff. My poor house gets ignored all week, so I spend the weekend trying to get it back in shape. Talk about exciting times!

School is going. . . I was told that it takes about 6 weeks for the kids to get adjusted. I think we just finished the 7th week. My morning class is wonderful. My afternoon class has a few students who need A LOT of support. There are times when I feel like the room resembles a three ring circus rather than a classroom. Every day gets a little better.

Lincoln is enjoying school. I'm not sure what he does during the school day. When I ask, he says, "I can't remember" or "I don't know." He's growing like a weed and talking my ears off. The boy always seems to have "a plan" or an idea for what we should do next.

That's about all that we have to report. I'll try to post pictures next time.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I've been thinking a lot about you, friend! I keep meaning to call you, but life is just b-u-s-y!

I'm sure y'all are doing fine, but I miss you bunches. Thanks for the quick update. We need to plan a weekend soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've been worried about you. I was glad to see your new post. Teaching 2 separate classes must be difficult. At least they are still young enough to believe most of what you say!
I've been praying that life gets a little easier for you.
Mary from VA

Patty said...

I have really missed your blogging. I can hardly wait for more pictures. You know how I am. As a great-grandmother you and Lincoln are a big part of my life and I love you both sooooooooo very much.
love, GG Harshaw