Monday, August 02, 2010



A few weekends ago I got to spend some time with these girls. It's amazing how therapeutic a girl's getaway can be! I usually arrive feeling completely worn out, and I always come back relaxed and ready to tackle the world...and my house.


I've been working on a few projects, and I thought I would post pictures of what I've been up to.











I started small. My first project was to recover our kitchen chairs.











My second project is a bit more elaborate. I decided to tackle my bedroom. It is pretty much a blank slate. I hadn't done anything with it since we moved in almost 3 years ago.


This is going to be my headboard. It is the door from our old house.














Of course, my bedroom furniture needed some attention too. I've been doing lots of painting the past few days!



3 comments:

Maria said...

How fun! The chairs look great - and that door is going to be perfect for a headboard. Can't wait to see the finished product! Glad you got some inspiration to tackle some of those projects. I hope to do the same this weekend!!

Amanda said...

Hi, you don't know me but I remember reading your blog during Keith's trials and just wanted to stop by and see how you we're doing..

I just want to say you are very very BLESSED and lucky to have good friends like that. Many women, myself included, crave to have meaningful relationships and just don't have them. I have my husband and a few superficial friends from church but no good friends like you. You are very lucky!!!!

Anonymous said...

very cool way to use the door from you old house!