Friday, November 24, 2006

I once sang a small solo in a high school choir performance. The words popped into my head while I was up with Keith last night.

Letting go
When the day comes that I must say goodbye to you
It's the last thing in life I ever want to do
I know it has to be
But it's so hard for me

I know I need to tell Keith that it is alright for him to pass on. I've held off because his parents and brother are coming to see him today. I know that he is fighting for Lincoln and me. In one of his better moments yesterday he said that he didn't want to leave us. Pray that God will grant me the strength to assure Keith that we are going to be okay without him.

7 comments:

Chris Shelly said...

Keith & Stephanie,

We are praying for you here in Memphis. We know that God will give you strength to say the words you need to say as well as giving Keith the peace to know his family will be well taken care of. Let me know if you need anything. 901-832-3790

Brad said...

Stephanie,

I got nothing profound to say...just that we love you guys and that we are hurting with you. I believe God is going to take good care of Keith.

Love you all...

Brad

Rebekah @ reclaimed riches said...

Our hearts are with you. We love you all.

Rebekah

Erica said...

Precious friends,
Our hearts are hurting daily for all three of you. I know that the Lord will grant you strength and courage beyond imagining. Of course, most of all I wish that you were not having to go down this path in life. The two of you were always such precious souls to have around when we were at PC together. The way you both handled the cancer the first time was amazing because you still continued to minister to others through your Godly actions and words. May the Lord give Keith's family safe travels and you all peace. we love you!

Fredia said...

Stephanie,
I want to thank you for the time you have taken to write your daily thoughts and prayer request. Your strength has been an inspiraion to me and I'm sure many. I am in awe everytime I read your words written with such wisdom and love and strength.
I pray God's comfort on you now. I pray you feel his warmth as you go through the days to come. I pray God brings to the mind of family and friends the things you need to hear. Just know you, Keith and Lincoln are in the hearts of many.

God be with you

KStewDawg said...

Stephanie,

We've never met, but I was friends with Keith at Harding. My family and I have been praying for you and Lincoln for several months now, and will continue to do so. Keith was always an encouragement to me, and I am confident that the Lord will guide you through this. May God continue to comfort you,

Kevin Stewart

Anonymous said...

Stephanie,

You are and will continue to be in my daily prayers. It's evident that God is keeping you close to Him and I know He'll continue to give you great strength and courage during this sad time.

Love
myra